Thursday, 3 November 2011

Touched... A play...

Touched
In the interest of full disclosure: my girlfriend directed the second half of this play. I may have some bias.
This play is a lovely double bill, filled with laughter and moments of real emotion. After traveling to Grahamstown to witness the launch of the show, and somewhat having been involved in the development I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by this showing.
Its funny, its witty, it tugs at your heart string. A pleasant piece of theatre. Malome in the first piece will have you stitches as he reacts to what he witnesses while visiting his nephew Gift, who moved to the city and made a life for himself. Benson, the male ancestor, will have you contemplating the decisions we make in youth with his, for lack of a better word, deep comments about what he sees happening.
Do yourself a favour and go watch this play. Its on for one week only at the Market Theatre. Also it will only set you back R30.00. You won't be disappointed.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment